I was just defending Liz's take on the idea. She was not listing her "qualifications" as Eric tried to twist it. She was also not saying that the drugs are not useful to some but ARE often prescribed without thought to the after effects. I would never tell someone not to seek medical care for mental issues. We are all entitled to our ideas on the subject and just because we are not the patient doesn't mean we should be discounted so quickly from the subject at hand. I, as Liz, was in the trenches with my husband every step of the way and even though he did not have mental issues to deal with I do see the reason to be wary of more drugs being pumped into people without regard to the side effects. Sorry if this sounds like a rant-I don't mean it that way-just trying to defend a wise lady's right to her educated opinion. Take it or leave it-I'm done with this.

Sue

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.