Eric i respect your opinion,but i most definately do not respect your statement "if i knew more about it "!!

I am a fully qualified state registered nurse and did my psychiatric secondment in a state funded mental facility.My mothers sister comitted suicide after years of treatment for manic depression and my own mother recieved electro convulsive therapy and was committed to a psychiatric hospital following this .My 25 year old niece has ocd and chronic anxiety disorder for which she receives medication and cognitive therapy,and my sister in law pops anxiety meds likes sweets since the death of her sister from breast cancer and her father 18 months later from oral cancer.

How much more would you like me to "know about it"?

My point is that while all these medications have a place in treatment they are far too often used too quickly as an easy one pill cures all.I know what Philly and david are going through is horrendous,what i went through with rob and his attitude and emotions was horrendous but i also know that it may not all be solved by medication,but if things don't improve it is an option that can be looked in to.

Bottom line if it works for you well and good,but sometimes it can muddy waters andactually bring its own problems.

Last edited by Cookey; 06-14-2009 12:57 AM.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.