Liz, thanks for listing your "qualifications" but I'm not going to sit here and let you villafy a tool or tools that some of us may need.

I'm gonna be the jerk here (thanks for pushing this issue and driving me to this btw) and point out the obvious, you've never battled cancer. You had great seats to the show but you didn't have to glove up and stare death in the face. I did, David is and by god if he needs "liquid courage" or a pill to help him stare back at death then I refuse to let anyone make him or anyone else in the same situation, feel weak, or cowardly or badly for taking them. That's exactly what I read in your post.

I give it up for caregivers and have on these boards on several occasions, but in the end it's the people that have faced this demon that I'm gonna take my advice from and listen to. I've had to sit across the table from my children and tell them that daddy might not make it through this one, much like David, and I was scared out of my skull. I've fought men in the steets and in the ring, I've had guns and knives pulled on me but facing a foe that attacks from within is more frightening then anything I've ever experienced before in my life and there is no shame or weakness in getting any support, taking any med, drinking anything that allows you to fight this evil.

if I get banned for this post so be it, if people view me as a jerk so be it, but nobody can take away the passion in my heart to help those fight the demon I did and if I've hurt peoples feelings I apologize

Philly thanks for the message on facebook, it probably is the only place you'll be able to reach me after this one.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.