Just a note to those in the throes of treatment and incurring lots of miles to and from the doctors/hospitals/labs/treatment facilities.

For the year 2007 (the year of cancer for us) I googled a calendar that had a large format and printed it. Then, by looking at EOB's, receipts, check registers, and credit card statements (also you can have your RO/MO print out a list of treatment days)...I filled the calendar in with visits on each day...sometimes it was multiple appointments. For each provider, I figured mileage from the house and back. I wrote that in each day block and figured the week total and then the monthly total. You would be amazed at how many miles you rack up when faced with the medical issues we here have faced.

Most of our doctors live within 7 miles of our house (14 roundtrip) with the exception of the CCC in Tampa. Bill's biopsy, PEG and Port placement, rads and chemo all were done locally and we still racked up almost 1600 miles. So with all your copays and deductibles, prescripton and premiums...you would be surprised at what that totals to. It might be worth the trouble to document...it was for us in a year of lower income.

Hope this helps, Deb

Deb..caregiver to husband, age 63 at diagnosis, former smoker who quit in 1997.
DIAGNOSIS: 6/26/07 SCC right tonsil/BOT T4N0M0
TREATMENT START: 8/9/07 cisplatin/taxol X 7..IMRT twice daily X 31.5.
TREATMENT END: 10/1/07
PEG OUT: 1/08
PORT OUT: 4/09
FOLLOWUP: Now only annual exams. ALL CLEAR!

Passed away 1/7/17 RIP Bill