TAxpayers still refer to them as the long and short forms -- Old habits are hard to break.

I'm glad to see you refer to the so-called 'credit' as a loan; although most people (not pro tax preparers) don't know the difference between a deduction and a credit, I believe it is still disingenuous of those in power to refer to this program as credits.

Those unmarried folks who split the "credit" are going to have fun paying it back in the future, esp if they are not friends at the time. I recall when my sister-in-law's husband decided to 'find himself', quit his job, divorced and went off -- He cashed in all his tax-deferred retirement stuf (IRA, 401(k)) and then lost the money when he invested it in a business -- Since he was unable to pay, the IRS turned to sister-in-law to collect, although she had never touched the money nor was any of it in her name nor was she married to the guy when he did it -- They didn't get any money from her, but it sure cost her time, aggravation and money to get them off her back!

Age 67 1/2
Ventral Tongue SCC T2N0M0G1 10/05
Anterior Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 6/08
Base of Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 12/08
Three partial glossectomy (10/05,11/05,6/08), PEG, 37 XRT 66.6 Gy 1/06
Neck dissection, trach, PEG & forearm free flap (6/08)
Total glossectomy, trach, PEG & thigh free flap (12/08)
On August 21, 2010 at 9:20 am, Pete went off to play with the ratties in the sky.