I find Tax Act meets my prime criteria (free!) -- I haven't done them yet this year but it did a good job last year -- It won't let you save them after doing them, without a fee, just print them. The way I got around that was to install (free) PDF995, a application that emulates a printer but stuf sent to it becomes a PDF file, which can then be saved or printed.

https://www.taxactonline.com/index.asp

I used to use TurboTax, all the way back to the '80s I believe, but they started getting too expensive.

However, the program isn't as important as the operator's grasp of the tax system -- It's very complex, so it's easy to run the tax program incorrectly, especially for non-standard stuf.

I'm guessing that David uses proprietary tax-preparer software which have lots of features beyond the actual return preparation to keep track of hundreds of clients -- I only have one client, a cheapskate, and keeping track of him is easy, as long as I can keep the rats away from the paper files!

Age 67 1/2
Ventral Tongue SCC T2N0M0G1 10/05
Anterior Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 6/08
Base of Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 12/08
Three partial glossectomy (10/05,11/05,6/08), PEG, 37 XRT 66.6 Gy 1/06
Neck dissection, trach, PEG & forearm free flap (6/08)
Total glossectomy, trach, PEG & thigh free flap (12/08)
On August 21, 2010 at 9:20 am, Pete went off to play with the ratties in the sky.