Claudia-Neil will be starting Taxol on Monday. Even though it is not a cure, it may buy some time. I'm so sorry Jim is so despondent. Can your son talk to him? Maybe he needs to be told how much he is needed. I'm sure you've done that youself already. The doctor of doom needs to be told how much trouble she caused with your husband. Maybe she'll be more sympathetic with the next patient. Our doctor at Sloan is the most wonderful person when it comes to hope. He said as long as Neil is willing to continue, he will help him. He is not giving us false hope but just SOME hope of having some more time. We know he can never be cured and that we don't have much but at least it's better that totally giving up.

Hve you thought about help for yourself? You know me-I totally understand what you're going through. I do feel that Neil's amazing attitude is helping me also. Please call me if you need to-you know the number.

Sue

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.