My saliva had an initial period of no change, then some improvement, then a slight worsening. I attribute it to the fact that as time goes by, I have not necessarily kept up with the same level of water consumption as I did during treatment and immediately afterward, and drink more different things, including things that dry up saliva (coffee the primary offender). Same with food -- diet is more varied now, including things that dry out my mouth. I need to be more diligent on this.

I agree on the trismus --- while I probably do not have "trismus" per se, I do have considerable jaw tightness, which can become pretty good pain and spasm, especially when yawning. This has worsened, as has my neck/shoulder stiffness and discomfort.

Not fun, but beats the hell out of the alternative. I am going to start physical therapy for neck/shoulder, and I will just try not to yawn. ;-) Insofar as dry mouth is concerned, I have stepped up my Biotene, and need to actually take my Salagen as prescribed, not when I remember.

Jeff
SCC Right BOT Dx 3/28/2007
T2N2a M0G1,Stage IVa
Bilateral Neck Dissection 4/11/2007
39 x IMRT, 8 x Cisplatin Ended 7/11/07
Complete response to treatment so far!!