Hi Kristy,
I am not here to discourage you but only to share with you my dry mouth experience. Treatment was over six years ago and all along these years, there is no sign of improvement in my mouth dryness.It certainly is worse than I felt a few years ago. I rely heavily on sugar free candies and gums to moisten my mouth so that I can speak clearly. A bottle of water is a must when I go out but I need not drink it often because one small candy can stay in my mouth for over an hour.I get used to it already and have deleted my hope of getting my saliva back. I haven't relied on any medical help or particular dental products. I learn to live with this frustrating situation and so far, it has not affected my social life, my daily activities. So far so good. Dental care is very important and I brush teeth after every meal and even a bite of cookie. I am happy to still have 28 teeth with me ( my wisdom has already left me a long time ago! grin)
While everyone's experience varies and cancer treatment has improved a lot, saliva may come back and your mouth dryness may be easier to cope with. Don't worry.

Karen

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.