Hello, Jim's family,

Some of Jim's behavior sounds like a reaction to pain meds. My husband had terrible pain and they increased his fentanyl too quickly and too high for him and he had hallucinations and tried to wander around. He was hospitalized for 2 days and actually "escaped" once for a couple of hours. He looked like he was reaching out to something (really scary for me driving down the highway as this went on for several weeks) as he kept thinking he was seeing things. He seemed to be in a twilight sleep a good part of the time. From Jim's postings, he was not taking that much pain medication until pretty recently so perhaps that's part of the problem> I really was terrified during this time but knew if was likely due to morphine and fentanyl. He was so much better as soon as it was reduced. My thoughts are with you.

Sophie T.

CG to husband: SCC Stage 4, T4, N1, M0; non-smoker and very light social drinker; HPV+
induction chemo begun 7/07; chemo/radiation ended 10/10, first cat scan clear; scan on 5/9/08 clear, scan on 10/08 clear; scan 1/09 clear; scan 1/10 clear; passed away July 2, 2016