Jim,
Do you have 'Patient Transport' like we do here?
Not ideal as they decide when to pick you up and you could be waiting for hours whilst the return patients are all ready--but you could snooze or chat to others waiting during that time.
It's a free service here and is door to door, but doubt it will be the same in every case.
I'm sure I suggested before you embarked on this 'next round', that your Pastor/Church could organise a rota for at least some of the time--that's always supposing one stubborn old guy I know, called Jim, actually LET THEM KNOW it was needed!
It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, as you well know---get the family on board NOW as well, you know they're all willing and able, you've said so.
Look at it this way--it seems like forever as the patient, for them, although it may well seem like that (before all you lovely CG's beat me up!), it's only a matter of weeks/months--pretty short time which may feel like Hell on Earth--in the grander scale of things.
C'mon Jim, my heart aches for you, but you gotta do this over this weekend!!

Love Bren x

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!