Jim,
Practise what you preach, man!
This afyternoon my nurse is coming to re-evaluate my pain-meds-and am going to be totally honest and telling her it's getting past the stage where I can 'grin and bear it'
Tomorrow I have a day free from Optician, Doc, Hospital, Nurses etgc and will be quite happy to spend it in a peaceful drug-induced haze, lying on the couch and watching recordings of NCIS and Two and a Half Men!
Did make myself laugh this morning--a man with a spear going from my chest up through my cheek woke me up and I felt so dire, I thought, 'Hell, what if there's something SERIOUSLY wrong with me?????'
Anyone else get these crazy ironic moments???

What you CAN grin and bear about it Jim is the thought that it's a means to an end--surviving for your lovely family snd friends....in the meantime, let's all do that hippy stuff we missed out in the 60's and get 'spaced-out'--can't wait!!
Take care boyo,
Brenda x

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!