Linda, My worst week was the first week after treatment ended but my rad doc pretty much warned me but it still was bad. I am 5 weeks out so I'm pretty close to you. My throat still hurts but now probably 1 on the 10 scale. That thick stuff left me in week 3 but now I have the dry mouth and am atrtached to water bottles all over my house and cars. Still can't taste anything which irks me the most. I have started to gain weight and I feel less tired every day. I feel 200% better than I did because of all of this but still nowhere near "normal". One thing that has helped me is finding Carnation Instant Breakfast VHC which is identical to Ensure Plus BUT has 560 cals in 8 ozs. If you want more info just ask. Hang in there it will get better.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.