Hi Eileen,

I agree with you about 40 recipes not being enough. I just contacted Rosalie a couple days ago and said much the same thing. The smallest of my non-profit cookbooks has well over 200 recipes, so I figured 100 would be the absolute minimum for a very small cookbook. If we had special anecdotes to add to most of them, that would make not only a bigger book, but also a more interesting one, but so far, I haven't received any recipes with stories attached.

I did receive your recipes. Thank you. Given the amount of recipes I've received so far, I'd say this probably won't be a go for the April event, unless we revise our expectations and do a small cookbook as a trial run. If it is received well at the Va Beach walk, we could then do a full-fledged version later, possibly to be sold on the OCF website, as well as at other fundraisers. I do believe the original idea put forth by Minnie was for more of a keepsake. Having a personal story attached to each recipe would make it special to the OCF members. I don't believe it was meant to be a commercial project. So I guess we have to decide exactly what it is we are trying to accomplish. A keepsake which would be cherished by OCF members and hopefully would bring in a few $$ for OCF? Or a larger book with broader appeal that would hopefully bring in more $$ for OCF, but would be a much larger undertaking and definitely one that would not be ready for April? What do you all think?

As I stated before, I have no experience with this sort of thing and I did wonder about the copyright issue, as the recipes I would use are also out of other cookbooks, albeit some are revised slightly, but they are still not original recipes concocted by me.

I hate to bother Brian and I don't have any lawyer friends, so if there is anyone who knows copyright law and could chime in here, that would be a good first step. I know most of the non-profit cookbooks I have use recipes from other cookbooks, so maybe there is a special rule that applies to non-profit groups. Or maybe the non-profit groups that do the books just unknowingly violate copyright laws?!?

Thanks,
Rosie

Was primary caregiver to my daughter Heather who had stage IV base of tongue SCC w/ primary recurrence. Original diagnosis August 21st, 2002. Primary recurrence March 18th, 2003. Died October 6th, 2003.