Hello all,

Thanks for the replies about the recipes. It probably isn't essential that I receive the recipes right now. But it would be good to know how many will be coming. If more of you can do as Kris and Carol have and just let me know that you will be sending some recipes later, I can at least get an idea if we will have enough to proceed.

We still have to find a printer that will give us a good deal. Or, if we decide to use CafePress, I would definitely need an idea of how many recipes we will be getting, so I can get a cost estimate and decide if it will be worthwhile.

Rosalie,

I'm not sure what you can do to help because I have never put together a book before either. Right now, I'm just sort of winging it and hoping that I can figure it out as I go along. If anyone out there has any experience in this kind of thing, I would appreciate any tips or guidelines. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here folks, so ANY tips would be helpful. How many recipes do you think we will need to have to make this work? I have tons of cookbooks, but not any from a small organization, so I don't know how small the book can be and still be saleable. Do you think people will buy it no matter how small because it is for a good cause? Or is there a minimum size that is acceptable? How many of you have cookbooks like this from non-profits? How many recipes do they contain? Just looking for some ideas and opinions.
Maybe I will try an internet search and see if I can come up with anything.

I will post this in a new topic soon. The appt went pretty well. I think since I hit 50, I've just slowly been falling apart! Need to get back on track with a proper diet and exercise and I should be fine. Of course, a little sunshine to lift my winter blues would be helpful, but unfortunately I'm stuck in gloomy, dreary PA, so there's not much hope of that happening soon. Just can't get that husband of mine to move somewhere with a shorter winter. Drats!

g'night all, wink
Rosie

Was primary caregiver to my daughter Heather who had stage IV base of tongue SCC w/ primary recurrence. Original diagnosis August 21st, 2002. Primary recurrence March 18th, 2003. Died October 6th, 2003.