Hi Minnie,

I hope your surgery is something minor and you sail through it with ease. I did get 2 more replies, but I think I should start a new post with "OCF cookbook" or "recipes wanted" in the subject line to get peoples' attention. I have a dr's appt tomorrow, but as long as it turns out to be something minor, I should be able to get a post up in a few days. I'll see what response we get to that and then take it from there. Good luck with the surgery.

Carol,

Certainly a recipe or two from your church cookbook would be fine. I think the idea was to send a favorite recipe, something you make often or maybe a recipe for special occasions. Any recipe that has a special meaning for you. As an example, I will be using one from a little cookbook that Heather's class put together when she was in 5th grade. Her teacher had each child bring in their favorite recipe. She typed them all up in a little booklet with a construction paper cover that the children had decorated. Then each child gave one to their mother for Mother's Day. I will be using the recipe that Heather contributed to that book. It was special to me then, but obviously is even more special now that she is gone.

I realize not everyone's recipe will have that kind of significance, but it doesn't have to. It can simply be that one recipe that you always get asked to bring to family picnics because everyone loves it so. It can be the first recipe your child tried to make on their own. Actually, I have a funny story connected with Heather's first attempt to make supper on her own one night that I was working late. I think I may include that, too. It has to do with a creamed chipped beef recipe that she accidentally used confectioner's sugar in instead of flour! (I obviously didn't have my cannisters marked.) She couldn't understand why it wouldn't get thick. One taste and I knew why! laugh

Rosie

Was primary caregiver to my daughter Heather who had stage IV base of tongue SCC w/ primary recurrence. Original diagnosis August 21st, 2002. Primary recurrence March 18th, 2003. Died October 6th, 2003.