Gail...thank-you for your insight. And ,yes, my husbands is HPV 16 Positive{never smoked a day in his life} and the doctor said it would respond better than say a basaloid SCC. Can these types still re-occur? What I really want to ask you though is whether or not the food tasted bad to your husband. You said he ate right thru and my husband, who can still can swallow at this point in treatment will only drink frappes because thats all that tastes good to him, At the risk of sounding ignorant or insensitve, shouldnt he be eating even if it doesnt taste great.. I mean certain things are really bad but the foods that are tolerable he needs to think of as medicine for another part of his treatment- a huge part.. My husband is at least 20 pounds underweight going in so Im scared..Hes six feet tall and 140 pounds.. How should I be handling this?? He just shakes his head and looks at me like I just dont understand. He's depressed already {we have four weeks left and the last two weeks are 2 times a day XRT}and he keeps saying "how do people do this..I dont know how Im going to do this" What can I do for him at this point - anyone???

Kerry/wife of stephenm
StageIV - Base of Tongue T4N0M0
XRT x42 / Taxol and Carboplatin x4
Tx. Finished 5/08/06