Hi Everyone - I haven't posted yet but have been diligently reading posts in quest for as much info on this as I can get. What a great site. My husband, Stephen, was diagnosed February 28th{my 40th birthday} with base of tongue cancer. He has a T4 tumor{inoperable} with no node involvement{STAGE 4}He is at Dana Faber and was on a protocol treatment for amifostine. He reacted to the drug with an extremly high fever so they took him off it. We were disappointed but the treatment is whats important. The treatment plan remains the same - Four weeks of radiation {not IMRT} everyday with one day of chemo and two weeks twice a day radiation. I have so much I want to ask and talk about but my biggest worry right now{besides the horror my husband is already living thru at the end of week two} is whether or not a tumor this size that is inoperable can be cured completely with treatment. My understanding is that a T4 tumor is over 4 cm. and has started to spread to tissue and bone. Im afraid to ask the doctor too much with my husband there in fear of the answer. Has anyone known anyone with this type of OC. Please help. By the way I signed in as stephenm but my name is Kerry. Thanks in advance for any input... God Bless You All... you're heroes in my book...

Kerry/wife of stephenm
StageIV - Base of Tongue T4N0M0
XRT x42 / Taxol and Carboplatin x4
Tx. Finished 5/08/06