Gail,
Eventhough I have never met you, I have read several of your posts that exist throughout this website and have found them to have helped me in so many ways in handling so far my father's treatments. He is 3 weeks into radiation and about half way through chemo. I just wanted to thank you for all of your insights as it is such a tough road and your read so many horror stories. Your posts always give me hope and state the facts. Kerry- I have found this website to be my rock, so far - keep the faith and like Gail said be strong but continue to posts questions and just venting if you need to as everyone on this site is great - I don't know how we can thank Brian enough!

Caregiver to Father:Stage III unknown primary; modified left side neck dissection 2/2006; 8 wk trmts of Erbitux 3/2006 with-37 radition treatments; 11.2010; biopsy of base of tongue results questionable. 9.2013 tumor on left side of tongue; squamous cell cancer. 10.2.2013 Hemiglossectomy(1/2 tongue removed) with reconstruct tongue using left thigh tissue;surgery included IORT.
25 additional IMRT radiation trtmts & 5 wks/chemo. Carbo & Taxol combo.NPO;100% PEG depend;aspiration pneumonia 3/2014