My husbands info is T4N0M0 . The doctor said it is pretty rare for a tumor this size not to have node involvement so we were lucky in that respect. I guess what I really am asking is can people live to be ninety after going thru this..not that I personally would like to actually live to be ninety. My husbands taste is already gone, or worse yet everything tastes like metal. Hes having a really hard time with that. He wants to eat so badly. Weve been to the nutritionist and I have tons of recipes from a book I got thru the OCF site. Isnt this early... hes only barely two weeks into treatment. Will the metal taste eventually go to no taste at all..I think no taste would be better than a bad one. The bad part is he only weighs 143 pounds at six feet tall going into this. That scares me to death. He has a tube thank god. Were starting the pro-sure twice a day thru the tube and hes already sick of the ensure.. I feel so heartbroken for him... I am keeping the faith but we have a long road ahead of us..Thank you all for your responses - you are all the only ones that truly understand the horror of this disease.

Kerry

Kerry/wife of stephenm
StageIV - Base of Tongue T4N0M0
XRT x42 / Taxol and Carboplatin x4
Tx. Finished 5/08/06