Ok, Dan, while it's totally understandable for you to feel the way you do, if you don't "snap out of it" by Vegas I may have to recruit some help to collectively give you a swift kick in the fanny if you know what I mean. And there's going to be at least 4 other guys there who I'm pretty sure will help. 5 against one ain't good odds. And I'm not playing boats, planes, trains and automobiles for 24 hours to get to Vegas and watch you mope around.

Although I'm not certain I would approach your situation with the amount of "sangfroid" that I would like to think I would, now is the time to be going for the gusto as it were, not sitting around being bummed out. Sure, the hand we're dealt pretty much sucks. Nothing much we can do about it, but what separates the men from the boys is how we handle it. Do we sit at home and refuse to drink our milk? Or do we say heck with it and run with the bulls because what's the worse that could happen that isnt' going to anyway.

One of my favorite writers, Clive Cussler wrote in one of his books, his goal is to, when on his deathbed, the phone rings, and the blond buxom nurse bends over, picks it up and hands the phone to him. And it's his banker telling him he's 10 dollars overdrawn because he spent all his fortune on adventures.

Please, for you and your families sake, talk to a professional, we've all got a finite amount of time left, we need to make the most of it we can.

Bob

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.