Hi Cathy, I wrote about eating the caramel popcorn..finally ate enough of it that I lost a filling...have dental appt tomorrow....SMILE!! Anyway....I had 1/2 of my tongue removed in May 2002, neck dissection (2 lymph nodes positive for cancer), forearm flap and 35 radiation treatments. The radiation towards the end of the 7 weeks was no picnic for me, but I think a big part of my problem was I didn't take enough of the pain medication (morphine). My brother was diagnosed with testicular cancer 4 years earlier (age 40) and actually became dependent upon the morphine he was given in the hospital during chemo. He stayed in the hospital for 4 months due to leg swelling and blood clots, I am happy to say he survived all that and is alive and well today. So, my advice would be to take your pain medication, you will get through it fine. If you want to email me, you can reach me at [email protected]. God Bless You, Stay Strong!

Diagnosed May 2002 with Stage IV tongue cancer, two lymph nodes positive. Surgery to remove 1/2 tongue, neck dissection, 35 radiation treatments. 11/2007, diagnosed with cancer of soft palate, surgery 12/14/07, jaw split. 3/24/10, cancer on tongue behind flap, need petscan, surgery scheduled 4/16/10
---update passed away 8-27-11---