Cathyl:Milestones are our friends. Of course, we're all different so some of yours may come sooner or later, but they will come. I worked through my last week of radiation which ended 2/27/04, week 7. Had peg installed because eating anything stopped week 5 (which is not a good thing). Good news, its now 8 weeks after radiation, and I had my first bag of popcorn yesterday. I have been eating chips (potato and corn)for a couple of weeks, steaks, fish, chicken, meatloaf, eggs, pork, ham, bread, etc., for 4 - 8 weeks after treatment ended. It comes back a little at a time and you just have to experiment as you go. Taste is still an issue, because while I eat things, I don't taste much. Its more an exercise in eating cause I know I should, not because it tastes so good. But that is coming back a little at a time also. Be careful of some spices though, they can really bother your throat. Good luck and remember it does get better, one day at a time, just like you live your life. Regards, Kirk Georgia

Regards, Kirk Georgia
Stage IV, T1N2aM0, right tonsil primary, Tonsilectomy 11/03, 35 rad/3cisplatin chemo, right neck dissection 1/04 - 5/04.