One word of advice....

RELAX!!!! smile

As I said before... oral cancer does NOT present itself as you described so theres a very good chance you are ok. Fingers crossed!!!

Try to stay busy reading a good book, watching a movie that holds your attention, start a hobby, do anything you enjoy or that will take your mind off the "what if..." way of thinking. As of this moment you do NOT have a cancer diagnosis!!! You do NOT know if anything is even wrong yet. By focusing so intently on all the infinite possibilities of what this might be if anything at all will make you physically ill. Nobody should worry about something they have absolutely NO control over. You have done everything possible to handle the situation and now its just a matter of waiting for the results. So right this minute you havent been diagnosed with anything serious so for now you do NOT need to ruin your day by worrying. Go out, enjoy your day, do something nice for yourself... a manicure?, play cards, read a book, enjoy your favorite restaurant go out with friends, go do things to make today into a great day. Right now you are ok!!! Ive learned how to avoid the what if way of thinking and I know everyone can at least attempt it as well. Worrying has NEVER helped anyone, its never changed a test result or helped do anything positive for any person... it only makes people upset creating a million scenarios that may happen. By over worrying you are making this soooo much harder than it needs to be. Ive seen hundreds come thru here who are as fearful as you are, some taking it even further planning their funerals when they arent even sick. Sounds kind of silly when you read it, huh? Thats what worrying does to people and its unnecessary so help yourself to focus only on what truly is within your control and do positive things you enjoy until your appointment date.

I strongly recommend taking someone along with you!!! With how worried you are right now when you do not have anything seriously diagnosed yet, Id bet your ears have a problem as soon as the doctor enters the exam room to give you the results. Thats from stress... it happens to everybody. Im NOT downplaying your fears or emotions or ignoring you are very upset.... I get it, Ive been there myself. I just know if I had to do any of the past 12 years over again Id kick myself in the butt for allowing myself to waste so much time worrying about things I had no control over and not out making memories with my children who were teenagers at the time. Too many serious health problems has turned me into a much more practical thinker.

Hang in there!!! You really will get thru this ... no matter what the results are.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma