Hi

So ive been to see the ENT today and had a scope in my nostrils.

The scope revealed i have chronic sinusitis. He has put me on a 6 week course of antibiotics (clarithromycin) and 2 lots of nasal spray. If this doesnt clear my sinus's he will then do a ct scan. I told him i had already had 1 week of antibiotics but he aaid that wasnt enough and i needed longer with this type of antibiotic.

He thinks i may have 3 seperate problems. My sinusitis, my eye pain and the lump in my mouth that arent related to each other.

He is hoping the lump in my mouth will reduce once the antibiotics work their magic and if not will do further tests on the lump in 6 weeks.

For my eye pain, he wants me to see an ophthalmologist. He did notice that i have a ring of grey forming around the edge of my iris (my eyes are brown) which he said needs investigating. Upon reading on the net i see it could be a number of reasons ranging from contact lens trauma, high cholestrol and even age. i dont know if this is anything to do with my eye pain but the pain isnt easing so im going to get an emergency appointment tomorrow as the pain is getting me down.

So im feeling a little better about it all. I still dont have a concrete diagnosis for my hard palate lump but the ENT seems pretty sure its not sinus related. This was my main worry. I guess we shall see what happens in 6 weeks time.