Hi, friends.

I just wanted to give you an update.

Dan and I met with my attorney and two Metlife representatives.

Dan and I were well prepared with a spreadsheet document containing every date of service, provider, their contact information, etc. We also had all scans listed with dates. Basically, every medical encounter (except inpatient stays) since my first cancer in 2011. Thank goodness for Google calendar!

There were pretty impressed and thankful that Dan provided all of the information they requested in such a thorough and organized way. Dan is a self-proclaimed data organization nerd, lol! I am grateful to have him for so many reasons!

My attorney was great. She is a former occupational therapist and I am a former physical therapist, so she has great insight into my job requirements as there are many areas of overlap in the things we do for patients.

The worst part was anticipating the appointment. Once we were there and got going, I felt more relaxed. The meeting lasted about two hours, where most last about an hour. There was a lot of ground to cover.

Dan and I were very relieved when it was over. I was emotionally drained. My attorney felt as though the meeting went well and that we have a good chance at being able to keep getting my monthly benefit paid.

Although she does not represent me for my SSDI claim, she said that she feels as though once I get a hearing, that I have a good chance of overturning the appeal and getting SSDI benefits.

I'll be sure to keep you posted. Thank you for all of your support, as always!

Love in OCF,
Kerri

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!