Kerri �
You have been through so much, and I so feel for you and your SSDI and Met Life experiences. But Susan has given you some great ideas above. Making lists helps to remember stuff and sort of releases them from your mind so you don�t keep going over and over them and getting stressed out. And you have also done some good things in getting that good highly recommended attorney plus the colleagues he recommended. Good idea if your husband could be at home but if that�s not possible, why not just keep the children with you at home for the day? It�s ok if they get disruptive � it may even be an advantage if they do, and a help to you in convincing the claims person you need them to settle in your favor. You might just casually and sweetly mention you couldn�t afford to hire a driver or babysitter.

Keep that list handy that Susan told you about and check it out with your attorney to make sure it�s ok. That way if your children need your attention, you can just hand the list over to the claims person. And you don�t have to answer anything not on the list.

Now about your Aunt Janice � good for her for finally getting the divorce! I can certainly sympathize. I was married for 20 years to an abusive alcoholic all because I was a �good Catholic�. Stuff happens � it�s better not to dwell too long on the negative or what�s in the past. It robs you of time for all the good things that can happen. And I think good things are bound to happen for you, Kerri. Keep us updated.

Last edited by Anne-Marie; 11-04-2015 05:34 PM. Reason: typo

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)