Welcome, we al start and learn as we go with this. Non smokers are shocked when I tell them I have never smoked.

Started radio and chemo this week. The week plan is one chemo and rad on a Monday then rads only Tuesday to Friday. Having Cisplatin, didn't leave any strange side effects, a little sickness due to constipation as I was given pain killers for the peg insertion that do that and should have been given the other drugs to ease it. That aside the effects are lethargy. After the third rad I found I needed to get home have a cup of tea and lay down and grab an hour or two sleep.

Skin is holding up, a little red and I can feel tightness after rads in throat and neck and get a bit of an ache at the target site which I am told is great as it shows rads are hitting the spot. No problems with eating yet although jaw is tightening on one side, already was as side effect of neck dissection and the wisdom removal was worse on lower left too - ouch.

Five more weeks to go, so far 1/6 chemos done and 5/30 rads. Technically I am Tx as everything removed in neck dissection and tonsillectomy so all this is to kill anything that cant be detected.

Feels good to be in combat with it rather than waiting. My little advice is, role with it, let the treatments wash over you and focus really hard on managing the side effects as early management apparently means less discomfort latter and loosing a few hours sleep when you really need it isn't fun.

Life long none smoker, social drinker. Age 46
25 July positive node. Primary in left tonsil.
Neck Disection 27 Aug 20+ nodes removed, bilateral tonsillectomy.
Tonsil primary, other mouth, throat, tongue biopsies showed clear. Node breached but no evidence of spread in surrounding tissues or any other nodes.
T2N2aM0
Wisdom Teeth (all 4) removed mid Sep and Peg fitted first week Oct.
Started six weeks, 30 rads, six chemos total, chemo on Mondays and rads Mon to Fri on Oct 14th.