Many thanks David
WOW, you sound fit man! I'm not that fit myself but likewise a non smoker all my life. Apparently this is something that counts in our favour a lot.
I think maybe I am having a huge panic re the staging and stats verses what my consultant is actually saying - which post op is all very good news. Also that although a stage 2 due to tonsil tumour size it hadn't spread or breached whereas consultant said he had seen much smaller tumours breach into the tongue or other places which was more dangerous than a 20mm one that was still contained.
I'm very short on technical information, need to intellectualise what is happening. The facts, character of it and so on. Knowledge, good or bad, specifics, is what I haven't had too much off from my team. I do feel they prefer to avoid hard talk or maybe are still judging if I can take that as some people I know wouldn't want to hear anything and just go along with what they are told as more information might be scary.
Long and frightening path no matter how well we maintain dignity and poise I guess.
From this and other forums I do see despite the hard times many have that so many are there with a helpful encouraging word or shared experience. At a time when we would all be justified in being selfish and 'me' focused there is so much compassion and selflessness displayed.

All the best,

John

Life long none smoker, social drinker. Age 46
25 July positive node. Primary in left tonsil.
Neck Disection 27 Aug 20+ nodes removed, bilateral tonsillectomy.
Tonsil primary, other mouth, throat, tongue biopsies showed clear. Node breached but no evidence of spread in surrounding tissues or any other nodes.
T2N2aM0
Wisdom Teeth (all 4) removed mid Sep and Peg fitted first week Oct.
Started six weeks, 30 rads, six chemos total, chemo on Mondays and rads Mon to Fri on Oct 14th.