Well, Michele - "Keeping your eye on the ball" can be very frustrating and you have to juggle things every which way sometimes. You must be doing pretty good, though because your last sentence says "Tim is Hanging in there..." Don't worry about the "not paying attention" part. When I was CG for my son (keep in mind I did not have a job to go to) it was overwhelming keeping track of everything. I was lucky enough that my daughter and a nurse friend of mind came with me to many of the appointments so they could help me remember what was said. You are doing pretty good with handling a job and caregiving at the same time. If you have questions for the doctors, write them down ahead of time and make sure they explain everything so you can get a clear picture. Sometimes they go over things so fast it's hard to follow everything. Don't ever feel that anything you worry about is trivial. Everything involved in caring for a cancer survivor is a BIG thing. Tim is hanging in there, so you hang in there too, Michele. Keep us updated.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)