Hi Gail. The OCF forum has people online almost all the time. Even though some members can be online at the time of your post, they may not be familiar with your situation. When someone makes a new post its unusual for it to get an immediate response. This post has now been here for only 12 hours and look at all the responses!

I understand your concern about not eating. I also have to depend on a feeding tube and it stinks! For me its not lack of appetite, its the lack of teeth that make eating difficult. I also have swallowing issues so I struggle. I know its not the preferred way to live but a good life really can be lead without eating. I do understand your frustration with this. It isnt easy to mentally handle going thru life with a feeding tube.

I would agree with Cheryl with trying to set small goals. Try to eat a yogurt. Mash up some cottage cheese to make it easier to eat. I eat mashed cottage cheese with some applesauce to help it go down easier. How about some chicken noodle soup broth? There are alot of things that you can try. Set a goal to try a new food every week. Keep giving it a try everyday. Start out with say 5 bites of something the first day. Then increase it daily, by the end of the week you can be up to a decent sized portion. Talk with your doctor about your lack of appetite and ask for help. Maybe see a nutritionist for some pointers.

Good luck with relearning how to eat.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy