Gail - It is SO, SO important to get the right amount of nutrition and liquids every single day -even if you don't "feel" like eating or drinking. I haven't had Eric's experience or been where you are but I could see how difficult it was for my son to keep taking in food that he couldn't taste and that caused him excruciating pain going down. Taking care of your health NOW can keep you from being hospitalized for dehydration or weaken your body to the point where it gets even more difficult to get better. Try keeping a record of everything you are able to take into your body (and going out too) so that you can see some progress and feel good about the things you are able to do. Try to get the amounts you need to have every day and don't try to put off something to the next day. Do you have someone close by that can check on you and help to encourage you and keep you on the right track with your nutrition? And really listen to everything Eric has said. He knows what he is talking about! Please come back and let us know how you are doing and what progress you have made.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)