Hello Gail!

First realize that these forums aren't "manned" at all times and many who do use them do not always either feel confident responding or do not know how to help you. We do what we can my dear.

Now appetite and eating are struggles with many on these forums, I struggle with it now. It's important to understand that like any muscle in your body, you need to use it or lose it, meaning it's very important to try to eat orally, even if you don't "feel" like it. I lived with a PEG for 18 months so I understand.

I literally "force" myself to eat solids everyday however most of my nutrition is based off of a liquid diet. Eating to me is rarely enjoyable, however I've learned to accept it and I really enjoy my life despite this challenge. I was a "foodie" and even owned a restaurant at one time, as a former wrestler who denied myself of food for long periods of time I had a special relationship with it after I didn't have to suck weight anymore.

Now, eh, the only time I ever really "crave" food is when I've used medical marijuana, which is fantastic at promoting appetite. I've recommended that solution to many on these forums with the caveat that it should never be smoked but vaporized. I'm not sure of the laws in your state either Gail.

Best of luck to you Gail, keep your chin up and take a moment to read the quote in my signature. It's helped me cope with all of the challenges I've faced along the road.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.