Hi Gabe:
Thanks for remembering me. My radiation oncologist did a thorough check and said she thought it had something to do with the dye contrast on the first MRI. The second MRI mentioned "contrast enhancing lesion of the soft palate and uvula" and recommended direct visualization and possible biopsy. A storm knocked out the power at the ENTs office and my appointment was canceled until today where he did the "hose up the nose" deal (I know there's a better name for it, but you know what I mean sick. He saw one area that was small, but questionable, and decided he should do a biopsy when they can schedule it. He did say he was 99.9% sure it wasn't cancer and just wants to be sure and also satisfy my concern. Meanwhile, at the University of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham, the head of the Head and Neck Oncology Dept. has scheduled an appointment for me to have a CT scan next Wednesday. So now I'm trying to get in touch with my RO here to see which, to have done, or both? I still ask for prayers from all my Forum friends and will be back with you as soon as I know what's going on.

julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile