Hi Forum Family:
I was having an MRI prescribed by an allergist, who was testing for possible metal allergies on caps, crowns I've had since my procedures (ended 1/08). Don't know why she wanted an MRI of my head. She called and told me the results showed a "mass" somewhere behind my nose area and that was way out of her league, so I had her send me, radiation oncologist, and ENT a copy. My radiation oncologist sent me an email and said she wanted to have more area shown on MRI and so I had another MRI with neck area included, today. I see her, and the ENT Tuesday. The radiation oncologist said she didn't think it was cancer (yeah, right), because of all the tests I've had recently. I'm scheduled for a 6-month CT scan later this month; tests I've had were for probable causes of sweet putrid mucus I have 24/7.
Here is what the report said, which really scares me: There is mucosal enhancement and possible mass in the the posterolateral left nasopharyngeal wall. Given the history of tonsillar cancer, this may represent recurrence/residual tumor. This contrast-enhancing mass measures 3.7 x 1.7 cm.
I am really scared, and always freak out waiting for results of any test I have (call me the Queen of Wimps!), but just wanted to ask you all to please pray for me and that I do not have a recurrence. Thank you so much.
julieann

Last edited by Brian Hill; 07-10-2011 05:25 PM. Reason: fix typo

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile