Lori- I couldn't agree with you more. I reached out to two other women my own age (30's) who had tongue cancer. They both did not survive the disease- both had children loving husbands families and friends. Everything in the world to live for. They fought so hard for thier lives but for whatever reason the cancer spread and metastisized for them but not for me. Cancer is a disease- it doesn't have any rhyme or reason whatsoever. It doesn't care how much you want to live. Its just cells multiplying. Sometimes the Drs. can't get to it in time and stop it and sometimes it just doesn't respond as well to the treatment. Yes a positive outlook and a fighting spirit help immensely to get through through this but for anyone to think that someone who dies from cancer didn't fight as hard as those of us who got lucky and happened to survive have it all wrong.

I think they didn't mean harm- the wording just wasn't right- but people should be more sensitve.

Your Ron and all of those who weren't fortunate to survive cancer are MY heroes. I know what I went through and I know they went through 1000 times more.

I thank my lucky stars every day. I know I have so much to be thankful for.

I know this must be a very very difficult time. I hope one day soon the happy and fun memories will start to eclipse the memories of his illness and struggles with this disease.

Last edited by misskate; 03-22-2010 10:43 PM.

Tongue Cancer T2 N0 M0 /
Total Glossectomy Due to Location of Tumor

Finished all treatments May 25 2007
Surviving!!!