Well I'm very sure I was on Amitriptyline, I take nothing I don't know the ins and outs of. My drs where looking for an alternative sleep aide as I refused to continue to take Ambien because it's evil, I had horrible side effects from it. The side effects of amitriptyline are kind of a "good thing" in some aspects. Appetite increase was apparent which was good in my case as I was wasting away there for a bit and had lost 70lbs.

The sedation effect was what helped me go to sleep at first but it stops helping after a bit, I use Trazedone and Lunesta now to sleep. Dry mouth...I had radx to the head, I didn't notice a difference lol. As far as constipation goes, my pain meds are probably worse for that but I didn't experience that. Really the amitriptyline worked well for me during my rough patch and didn't work well for me for a sleep aid long term, but it did help for a bit. It's also used to prevent migraines.

Either way, I didn't feel it was a bad drug for me, it definitely did it's job and I didn't notice any "bad" side effects.

Last edited by EricS; 06-21-2009 11:51 PM.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.