Margaret,

This is Jeff's (Watt's) wife. Thank you for such a supportive reply and sharing your blog with us. I originally got Jeff started on this forum so he wouldn't be so isolated. It is truly a wonderful supportive sight for both of us and a comfort knowing there are many who have gone this who understand.

You have a lovely family and we are so happy for you both. Your anniversary picture is beautiful!

Jeff is a bit taken a back by what your husband went through and so I'm writing this as he takes it all in. The best advice I have is for him and I to take it one day at a time.
We have a huge supportive community around us ready and more than willing to lend a hand. We don't have to deal with insurance claims as we belong to the Kaiser group and have hit our high deductible in one week!We are going to ask about the HPV testing.

I think Jeff now is ready to let go of work. He does heavy lifting and is the sole owner and worker of a plumbing company.He is not thinking straight and is already worn out.Plus I work part-time and I can't stress enough to him that we will be okay and his job is to heal. We had to cancel our trip to Hawaii so we are focusing on June 2010 as a post vacation treat.
We realized that your time frame on the blog is almost the same as ours. Your children are lovely and it was nice to see how the children lives continued to weave in and out of the several months of treatment.

We have a college student who needs to go back to school in the beginning of August. It would require me to me out of the house for 2 days to travel with him. I'm a bit concerned about Jeff's mental state at this time since it will be 4 days post treatment. I have several close friends and family that could stay with him... not sure...but I need to decide soon for air travel. I guess that is a small dilemma compared to the bigger picture. I know we will get through it... but I'm not the one getting the treatments although I'll be very much part of it.
I'm sure Jeff will now post since he has figured out how to use this forum. I'll post too! I don't know how to do a blog but my son can show me. Right now I'm doing group e-mails each week.

Thanks you again for your invaluable feedback and family disclosure of the treatment process.

Vanessa and Jeff Watt

Jeff age 49 DX 5/8/09 Tonsil cancer T2N2BMO. Tonsillectomy 5/14/09. TX: Cisplatin 3x's every 21 days w/ 33 Rad concurrent. 2-3 nodes on right neck affected. PEG 7/10/09. Chemo/rad start 6/12/9, TX finished 7/28/09. Extended TX
3 more chemo/Cisplatin/5FU/Docetaxil start 9/11, Clean PET 10/29/09.