Watt,

YOU ARE NORMAL. Period

This cancer does a mental number on anyone. How could one not be affected by hearing that they have a Stage III cancer that has a 50% chance of killing you EVEN after getting treated? Then this state of the arts (?) barbaric treatment starts which I feared more than the damn cancer and on the vast majority of us it's very tough to deal with. But please know that the worst will only last until about 3 weeks post radiation. The dark tunnel you are walking into right now, you will emerge from and I project a really good chance that you will totally beat this crap.

I stopped working about my 4th week in and didn't/couldn't start up again until about 4 weeks post Tx and then it wasn't a full day. I was both mentally and physically weak. I couldn't concentrate on anything for more than 5 minutes.

Have you been tested for HPV?

Who is your caregiver?

Hang in there and if you want to talk just send me your contact numbers via a Private Message.

We will be with you night and day so don't hesitate to ask anything or just bitch. We all know what you are going through and you will make it. I guarantee it.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.