Lani, you asked were I am being treated. I am on the otherside of the panhandle from you near Pensacola. I may have to go to Shands for my bilateral neck dissection. No one around here that is qualified will do it for what Medicaid pays them. My ENT is talking to an ENT oncologist in Pensacola to see if he might take on my case. Just cause he's a good guy. The last I heard he was up for it. I have meet him and have another appt with him in Nov. Very nice doc. The kind that takes time to talk to you. Not at you!
Donna, thanks for telling me about your mother. I will try and remember that she was able to do it tomorrow. Maybe someone can talk to me through the speaker. I did feel better with someone in the room.
Bill you are right a video might have helped. A video would show those doc and tech who is going to need special help and extra time. And I would have already had the happy pills so I wouldn't have wasted a morning for everyone involved!
I am scared of everything that I am going threw, but this was something else. As I told the tech I will just have to Man Up and do it. I just don't know how I will. My life depends on it. I know that! I believe that the more I do it that the more comfortable I will become, but BOY.
Anyone know of someone that couldn't make the radiation tx because of the dreaded mask? I wonder if there has ever been a person that called off the cancer treatment completely because of fear of the MASK. (I'm coming up with a better nick name for it, will let you know)
Amy

40 yr old. Stage IV SCC found left tonsil. PET/CT shows cancer on base of tongue, floor of mouth, lymph nodes on both sides. HPV 16 pos. 6 weeks of cisplatin, 43 days of radiation. 73gy on each side.
ND March 2, 2009
reoccurance dx'd Aug 19, 2009