Amy, I definately know what you are talking about. I had the same thing happen to me. I am clostrophobic and I have panic attacks since I was a child. When they put that mask on me I kept fighting the panic attack and trying to fight it and by the 2nd day I was crying and couldn't stop. One thing is I am held down, the mask is so tight and the neck area chokes me as well. The radiologist told me to wait for a minute and talk to my oncologist. I told her I didn't know what he could do because I took a xanax before the treatment and it didn't help. He had them to cut the nose part off the mask and I could breathe a little easier. Now I am still fighting the clostrophobia and panic attacks but just that little bit did help some. I know I want to get better so I will fight this with all my might. Talk to your Doctor's and they will help you make it through. I have to stay in there 25 minutes and it does get tough, but it does get better. God bless you, Angel

Last edited by angels1313; 10-20-2008 12:20 PM.

SCC left tonsil, tonsillectomy with additional tissue removed 06/10/08, a few teeth on top left side removed 09/05/08,recurrence before treatment started at BOT and tonsil area, 35 IMRT treatments began 10/15/08, and Cisplatin IV (began10/16/08) weekly for duration of radiation.