Amy:

I have found that getting my yard ready for winter has helped me to feel much better about myself. I have ordered 2 cords of firewood and stacked it right along with my kids. I have rakes and cleaned out the shed and garage. It gives a sense of accomplishment and more energy. My house and yard went to heck for the past year and a half and it made me feel upset. My house is only a couple years old, I moved in and a few months later got sick. I never even had the time to properly unpack everything. Ive now cleaned out several closets and made alot of progress in getting things to how they should have been before I got sick.

Dont overdo it but its ok to still be active with having the PEG. It sure beats letting that imagination get the best of you.

Walking dogs is fun, but watch out if they pull you. My darn dog (the big rottweiler) took a flying leap off the porch with me holding the leash last summer. I broke my pinky finger. Just last week I had her out and she went after a chipmunk and she knocked me over. Probably a pretty funny sight seeing me rolling down the septic mound and into my garden.

Maybe you could get together your holiday decorations so they are handy. Or how about Christmas shopping now? You might not feel very well when it is time to do the shopoping later. How about cooking some big meals and freezing them for your family? Catching up with old friends. Making a list of people who to help you by driving you to tx or things like laundry, shopping, pharmacy runs, etc. Just a couple ideas.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma