Amy, you can do it! I have told my doctors they should show you a video or give you some kind of brief about the procedure before taking you in and the next thing you know they're pressing that damn mask on you. I too never opened my eyes throughout the tx and would go in would an "agenda" in my mind e.g. thinking/playing a round of golf in my mind, reliving vacations at the beach, visiting with relatives from the past, working business deals, etc. Anything to relax and try and forget where the heck I was and what was going on around me. I had a poster chart and marked off each visit - a countdown from 34 which also helped. Your time will come to X out the final treatment . .. we feel your anxiety and wish you the best.

Bill . . . SCC - originated in right tonsil, drifted into neck ( 28 lymph nodes removed - one positive ). Radical neck dissection in September 07, completed 34 radiation tx on January 4, 2008. Used Peg. Non smoker, 61, good shape, no previous health issues. Second year PET scan - "all clear".