Amy. My husband always hated anything on or around his face. When it came time for the radiation and the mask I was so worried that he wouldn't be able to handle it. It wasn't easy, but he did it. He was so frightened having cancer, that he would do anything to wipe out this hideous disease. It was tough, but if he got thru it, so can you. Just think of it as "this may be saving my life". When you start, count down the days and you will be surprised how fast they go. Jim gets his 2nd CTscan tomorrow. I called the nurse at oncology and told her to tell the doctor that if the report is bad, not to tell him unless he asks. When the brutal doctor told him that he had less that a year to live, he started to withdrawal and now we have the recurrence on his jaw. I have my days, but I try so hard to be positive. I am praying for a miracle. Good luck to you Amy---I'll be thinking and praying for you. Lots of love, Claudia

Husband 2/3 tongue removed March 2008. Free flap. . Stage IV. Radiation and 3 chemo's (cisplatin,taxol & erbitux). .Pet scan Aug 08 showed mets to lungs .Oct 08, recurrence. - In the arms of Jesus, July 15, 2009