I had an appointment with my Chemo Oncologist today and he was thrilled with my oral intake and overall progress at this point. My bloodwork all looked great and I don't have to have another blood test for 3 months. He said my team had reviewed my status last week during conference and my RO was very pleased with my progress as well. He said everything "felt and looked" real good at this point. Man I felt so GREAT after the visit. When I left it was spiritual, emotional, and a very positive feeling. Another uplifting day of moving forward!!!!! Next step, my ENT next week.

I agree Joanne, it will be nice to loose the PEG tube. It sounds as though Jack handled lunch wonderfully. That's weird you mentioned he had onion rings. For some reason I was intensely craving onion rings this evening. I even looked in the store tonight for maybe some onion petals or chips (something small), but had no luck. I will have to pick up some at a restaurant real soon. Still not to the point of eating out, but I can give them a good fight here at home.

I must say Jack has inspired me to get back in the kitchen. I roasted a chicken and prepared new potatoes and green beans tonight. The family enjoys seeing me in the kitchen again. (yesterday it was a pork shoulder roast and potato cakes!!) Not everything I'm fixing works well for me but it's all therapeutic.

Does anybody know if Mark got Stoj's prescription yet? (LOL)

Thank you all for the support and suggestions.

Steve

SCC right side BOT/FOM; DX 1-25-06; Neck dissection/25% of tongue removed 2-17-06. Stage 2 Recurrence 7-06: IMRTX35 & 3X Cisplatin ended 10-18-06. Tumor found 03/18/13; Partial Glossectomy 03/28/13 left lateral tongue. Nov. 2014; headaches,lump on left side of throat. Radical Neck Dissection 12-17-14; Tumor into nerves/jugular; Surgery successful, IMRTX30 & 7X Erbotux. Scan 06-03-15; NED! 06-02-16; Mets to left Humerus bone and lesion on lungs-here We go again! Never, Ever Give Up!

**** PASSED AWAY 10/8/16 ****