Hello JoAnne;
For some reason that name sounds so familiar. We went for a commissioning of the USS Cheyenne during Thomas' first stint down there (about 10 years ago) and all went to a nice buffet by the Port, but I don't recall the name. It was excellent though!! He'll be calling towards the end of the week and I'll have to ask if that was it. He is not a diver but a torpedoman. After leaving the Cheyenne (it's currently docked, standard for a sub after the first few years out) he went back to school in San Diego, then Hawaii, then he went to work in the actual torpedo facility in Williamsburg, then all the way back to Seattle, where he was asked to join the USS Georgia (another sub). So now back to Norfolk!! You are correct, it's awesome down there.

I'm in the same boat as Jack, head chef for the house. The poor kids had a lot fast food during my treatment, not that Janet isn't an excellent cook, but bless her heart, working, caring for my needs, hauling me to all those appointments, being there every step of the way, and taking care of the house and the kids, left no time for her. I don't know how she done it all! Yes, she cooked some, but not like we normally do. So I can't wait to get back into it. I actually got up this morning before they did and made some Strawberry muffins for their breakfast. Everyone enjoyed them!! I even tackled one after everyone got going today. The first few bites (micro bites) I really got some flavor and then my taste buds lost it, but it was great. Took an extrodinary amount of water to work it down but well worth it.

Thank you for the suggestion on the book. I had found that book on Amazon when I first started attempting to eat again a couple weeks ago. Janet went out searching for it at the bookstores but nobody actually stocks it. I have been paranoid to order it without seeing it, thinking it was probably just basic soups, etc. Also, thanks to you mentioning it I went into the OCF links and explored some more this morning. Found a whole world of unexplored territory!!! What a website here!!

Regards,

Steve

SCC right side BOT/FOM; DX 1-25-06; Neck dissection/25% of tongue removed 2-17-06. Stage 2 Recurrence 7-06: IMRTX35 & 3X Cisplatin ended 10-18-06. Tumor found 03/18/13; Partial Glossectomy 03/28/13 left lateral tongue. Nov. 2014; headaches,lump on left side of throat. Radical Neck Dissection 12-17-14; Tumor into nerves/jugular; Surgery successful, IMRTX30 & 7X Erbotux. Scan 06-03-15; NED! 06-02-16; Mets to left Humerus bone and lesion on lungs-here We go again! Never, Ever Give Up!

**** PASSED AWAY 10/8/16 ****