Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions.

I tried mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving and they didn't work too well (the swallowing thing). That, of course, was then. Things get better daily so I'm up to trying them again. The potato soup sounded like a great option too, and the suggestion of pot pies sounds awesome as well. They're so inexpensive I may have to give that one a try now. (thanks August & Diane)

I will check out the therabyte on line and investigate it further. My wife said she can understand me fine, and friends I see, folks on the phone say they feel I'm speaking well, (I hope they aren't just patronizing me)
My wife says that after I speak for a while I do lisp some and sound as though I've had a mild stroke, so I might pursue the therapist aspect, not only from an eating/excercise angle but speaking as well. It sounds like you find it beneficial Dragan.

It's very strange how all of us have the same, yet different sensations and issues post treatment. We could make a great eating team David! My taste is already coming back some, I just can't swallow, and you can swallow but still can't taste well. I know that you are farther out post treatment than I am but I remember in another post you saying that with the exception of some post treatment swelling and soreness you hardly skipped a beat with being able to eat OK. That's wonderful considering others struggle for many, many months. I feel blessed to be eating what I am right now.

I guess we all have a somewhat similar journey, just with different bumps (and smooth spots) in the road!! Thank you and Bless you all!!

Steve

SCC right side BOT/FOM; DX 1-25-06; Neck dissection/25% of tongue removed 2-17-06. Stage 2 Recurrence 7-06: IMRTX35 & 3X Cisplatin ended 10-18-06. Tumor found 03/18/13; Partial Glossectomy 03/28/13 left lateral tongue. Nov. 2014; headaches,lump on left side of throat. Radical Neck Dissection 12-17-14; Tumor into nerves/jugular; Surgery successful, IMRTX30 & 7X Erbotux. Scan 06-03-15; NED! 06-02-16; Mets to left Humerus bone and lesion on lungs-here We go again! Never, Ever Give Up!

**** PASSED AWAY 10/8/16 ****