Hi JoAnne;
Thanks for the encouragement & suggestions. You are correct, The eating is all about experimentation. I can eat a few bites of cottage cheese, and I managed a little bit of cereal that softened in milk, but anything else I've tried with milk sets my mouth on fire. (Including Yogurt & Ice Cream - Boo Hoo! Strange, but thankful to be eating so soon) My wife bought me a variety of instant puddings but I haven't gained the nerve yet.

I am not familiar with the therabyte exerciser. Is it an OTC thing or prescribed? My RO did suggest yesterday a speech therapist for mouth exercise and therapy. He said my ENT could set that up as long as I felt OK with it. (I think he could tell that I was kind of like "am I talking that bad?") There again, just a couple weeks ago I was using a dry erase board to communicate??? (how soon we forget) He reassured me that things would continue to loosen up and improve as long as I "exercise" my mouth and continue to eat and swallow frequently, but he feels a therapist could help a lot in my efforts there. (I would entertain comments, feedback about utilizing therapy as it wasn't felt to be needed after my surgery in February)

Yes, you are correct though, the other side of recovery sure helped my attitude today! (Plus, what a feeling to come home yesterday & "high five" the kids) Now to build on that momentum!

Best Wishes to your husband & self.
Thank You,
Steve

SCC right side BOT/FOM; DX 1-25-06; Neck dissection/25% of tongue removed 2-17-06. Stage 2 Recurrence 7-06: IMRTX35 & 3X Cisplatin ended 10-18-06. Tumor found 03/18/13; Partial Glossectomy 03/28/13 left lateral tongue. Nov. 2014; headaches,lump on left side of throat. Radical Neck Dissection 12-17-14; Tumor into nerves/jugular; Surgery successful, IMRTX30 & 7X Erbotux. Scan 06-03-15; NED! 06-02-16; Mets to left Humerus bone and lesion on lungs-here We go again! Never, Ever Give Up!

**** PASSED AWAY 10/8/16 ****