Hello All,

I have been laid out and having a miserable time, better now. Rads finished end of Nov and I was OK for a couple of weeks then got a big hit, skin flaked form neck but luckily all good beneath so no burns outside. Inside was different, a couple of real whoppers, one on tongue and another high left in throat so spent mid to late Dec on soup and bread loosing 30 pounds.
Had three weeks max morphine and patacetomol.
Anyways, that's all done, had an all clear in Jan at my first check up so allowing for surgery in August I have had no detectable cancer since they had me under the knife. Next check Monday Feb 3rd.
The fatigue thing has caught up and unusually from feeling very pumped up through treatments and after (must be the body and mind being on full alert) I have done lots of the sleeping thing.
Neck is stiffer than usual so doing the exercises and unfortunately have a very obvious wobbly chin, they call it a dewlap here in the UK, its collection of lymph fluid resulting from neck dissection and rads. Apparently this starts to clear up but can take a few months.
Told have PEG out in next couple of weeks, never needed to use it so lucky there) which means I can get on with some fitness work too.
Has anyone here experience of the dewlap, its a common side effect. Massage apparently can help but I am conscious of lots of unregulated people offering 'beauty' treatments to help lymph nodes drain when in fact I have pretty much lost all the nodes on left side.
Hoping everyone I have messaged is doing well and sorry for being away a few weeks...was utterly whacked by the end Dec three weeks getting through the burns on the inside of mouth and around tongue.

Life long none smoker, social drinker. Age 46
25 July positive node. Primary in left tonsil.
Neck Disection 27 Aug 20+ nodes removed, bilateral tonsillectomy.
Tonsil primary, other mouth, throat, tongue biopsies showed clear. Node breached but no evidence of spread in surrounding tissues or any other nodes.
T2N2aM0
Wisdom Teeth (all 4) removed mid Sep and Peg fitted first week Oct.
Started six weeks, 30 rads, six chemos total, chemo on Mondays and rads Mon to Fri on Oct 14th.