Hi John, Just spotted your post so want to say hello from this side of the pond. My dx and tx is not quite the same as yours but not so different. I have found that the NHS treatment is pretty similar to that in the other countries represented on this forum, but we do seem to have less ability to get our medics to part with information!

I am 2 years ahead of you and living proof, along with many others here, that this is a doable and survivable treatment. I still have some swallowing challenges but otherwise I am back to my old lifestyle, although I eat a much healthier diet and have an altered attitude to life, for the better I think though I despair at the rubbish that the big food companies persuade us to eat!! (I am a bit obsessed about food now).

Hang on in there, you are heading into the worst part of it, which will continue on for a while after the last radiation. One thing that I was not told about was the tendency for the jaw muscles to tighten up and cause trismus. I discovered this when I started eating again and discovered that I could not open my mouth wide enough to eat a banana! If you have not been told about this ask your Speech Therapist for some exercises, which will be much more effective starting now rather than a few weeks down the line.

Sally

Dx 10/11 51yrs LBOT Stage 4 2nodes HPV16+. Non-smoker mod alcohol.
10/11 Induction chemox2 (Docetaxel, 5-Flu, Cisplatin) then Cisplatinx2 IMRTx30. Ended 01/13/12.
12/07/11 RIG. RIG removed 05/05/12.
4/12 CT scan clear. Visual scope checks clear as of 10/13. Learning to live with eating challenges.